- One-on-one and small group tutoring for Basic Literacy and English Language Learners: 2 hours a week after 12 hours of training
(on-line training is available).
- Workplace Literacy: Teach a class at a work site utilizing vocabulary and materials used on the job to help workers improve their
ability to speak English —2 hours a week after training.
- English Literacy Civics: Teach a class to help improve English Language Learners’ ability to speak English and to prepare them for
life in America—3 hours/week after training
- Financial Literacy: Teach a class at the YWCA or tutor an individual in money management—2 hour occasional class or 1 hour/week with an
individual after 1 hour volunteer information session
- Math Tutoring: 1-2 hours a week after 1 hour volunteer information session
- General Education Diploma (GED) Preparation: Help someone prepare for the GED -2 hour per week after 1 hour volunteer information session
and 3 hour training
- Read With Me: Read with children at Troy Housing Authority complexes during their after-school program—-30 minutes-1 ½ hours/week
after 1 hour training
- Everybody WINS!: Volunteers from local businesses throughout the Capital Region read each week, over lunch, to elementary students
(at a close-by school) who are below reading level – 30 to 40 minutes a week after 1 hour Orientation.
- Telephone Conversation Partners: Talk with an intermediate level English Language Learner to help them expand their vocabulary and give
them practice speaking/hearing English over the telephone—-20-40 minutes each week after a 1 hour Orientation.
- Office help, working at events, etc…if you have the time we have the need!